There are only 12 states in the entire US that have teams in each of the four major sports leagues – the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB. One of those is Arizona, whose sports teams have had significant success in the leagues they’re competing in.
With the legalization of online sports betting in Arizona, it’s now possible to bet on any of the four major teams based in this state – the Arizona Cardinals (NFL), Phoenix Suns (NBA), Arizona Coyotes (NHL), and Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB).
- A twist of fate brought the two NFC West rivals into the NFL Wild Card playoffs where we’re going to see the third Cardinals vs Read more »
- The Arizona Cardinals will make the playoffs regardless of what happens in Week 18. It’s just the opposite when it comes to the Seattle Seahawks. Read more »
- After more than eight weeks, the Arizona Cardinals are no longer sitting at the throne of the NFC West. They’ve been dethroned by the Los Read more »
- The Indianapolis Colts are hoping for a Christmas miracle. With a win over the Carolina Cardinals on Saturday, December 25, they would get one step Read more »
- After losing to their divisional rivals last weekend, the Arizona Cardinals are looking to bounce back to the winning track with a win against the Read more »
What Can You Bet On?
The Arizona Cardinals might not have a Lombardi in its collection, but this team has a very impressive history since arriving in Arizona in 1988. Fast-forward to 2021, and the Cards’ chance of winning their first-ever Super Bowl seems very good, considering that they’ve started the season in top gear.
Another Arizona-based sports team that’s started the 2021 season is the Phoenix Suns. The NBA franchise has been playing fantastic basketball since the start of the new season, which has made them one of the betting favorites for the title.
Unfortunately for hockey fans from Arizona, the same hasn’t been the case with the Arizona Coyotes, who’ve started the 2021 NHL season slowly. Nevertheless, the season is long and they still have plenty of time to improve their form. Whether that’s going to be enough to win their first Stanley Cup in history remains a big question.
It’s basically the same story when it comes to Arizona’s representative in the MLB. The Arizona Diamondbacks haven’t done much since winning the World Series back in 2001. Knowing all this, maybe betting against D-Backs would be the right thing to do?
In addition to those four sporting giants, the bettors from this state can also bet on college teams. They can also put their money on individual sports such as tennis, MMA, boxing, and so on.
When it comes to the types of bets one can make in Arizona, it all depends on the sportsbook. Generally speaking, most betting sites available in this state will let you make the following wagers:
- Moneyline (game-winner)
- Point spread
- Points total over/under
- Half time bets
- Player totals
These bets are available in the pre-game offer, while some sportsbooks might also let you bet on them during the game in the live betting section of the site/app.
Special Betting Markets
Apart from popular betting markets like those mentioned in the previous part, some online sportsbooks also work with the so-called prop bets. These bets don’t even have to have anything to do with what’s happening on the field/court; instead, they focus on the fun side of the game.
To understand what kind of props bettors can make, here are some examples we found at top Arizona bookmakers:
- Gatorade color at Super Bowl LVI
- National Anthem length in the NFL Championship Game
- NHL Grand Salami (total number of goals in a day)
- NBA player triple-double
In addition to betting on sports, Arizona gamblers also have the luxury to bet on things like politics, entertainment, and so on.
Can Sports Betting Be Profitable?
Sports betting can make you a lot of money, however, its main purpose is to pump adrenaline into your veins. Betting is all about keeping you entertained; it’s not a get-rich-quick scheme.
At the same time, we realize that no one likes losing. It’s no fun if your bets lose all time, which is why we’ve decided to help you out.
At Arizona Betting Ninja, you can always find some better predictions focused on the teams based in the state. We analyze the odds, dissect the stats, and examine the teams’ chances all in order to help you make the best betting picks.